170 Golfers, Sponsors and Guests converged on the Marietta Country Club on Monday, August 19 for the Annual Cobb Association of REALTORS® Charity Golf Tournament. It was the perfect day for this event: not a drop of rain, but some clouds shielding our golfers from the scorching August heat.
The event raised over $8000 for our two charity beneficiaries: Habitat for Humanity and SafePath Children’s Advocacy Center.
We witnessed astounding performances on the course! Here is the list of top prize winners:
- First Place Foursome, with a score of 43: Will Allen, Wanda Clancy, Shep Long and Diana Tatum.
- Second Place Foursome, with a score of 45: Brad Baker, Bobby Martin, Brett Mitchell and Bill Rose.
- Third Place Foursome, with a score of 49: Andrew Morgan, Ed Morgan, Scott Tanger and Lon Thomas.
- “Most Honest” (read, “Highest Score”!) Foursome, with a score of 81: Angela Barner, Jenea Kennedy, Ron Miracle and Carol Moson.
- Closest to the Pin on Hole #17: Andrew Morgan.
- Longest Drive on Hole #3: Bart Gloyd.
Our sincere thanks to our many sponsors and contributors, without whom this event could not have been the success that it was:
- Gold Sponsors: Ameris Bank, Georgia MLS, Manning Properties, Pacific Law Group, Silverton Mortgage and Wells Fargo.
- Silver Sponsors: Elite Roofing of Georgia and Lennar.
- Breakfast Sponsor: Chick-fil-A.
- Lunch Sponsor: Longhorn Steakhouse.
- Hole in One Tee Sponsor:
- Drink Cart Sponsors: Perrie & Associates and Weissman Law.
- Longest Drive Sponsor: Cook & James.
- Tee and Green Sponsors; Bay Equity, Brand Mortgage, Campbell & Brannon, Choice Home Warranty, Fixd Repair, Lennar, Lueder Larkin & Hunter, O’Kelley & Sorohan, SafePath, Skyline Properties and Thomas & Brown.
- Water Sponsor: Home Inspection Pros.
- Photography Sponsor: Northwest Exterminating.
Finally, a huge shout out to our amazing Golf Committee, who made this all happen: Chair Brenda Hardage, Vice-Chair Mike Garrett, Jeff Curtis, Chris Johnson, Cheryl Lenney, Brian Maloney, Sheila Parast and Kathy Sheehan. Spectacular Job, Folks!